RENEW A DOG LICENSE
To renew a dog license please click on the link below. You will be redirected to the Wayne County Auditor's Dog License Website. Select Renew Online and proceed through the prompts.
PRINT A NEW APPLICATION
INFORMATION ABOUT DOG LICENSES
What you need to know:
1. Purchasing a dog license is so incredibly important for your pets safety. It helps us to return your dog home in a timely manner, should it ever go missing.
2. Dog Licenses go on sale December 1st through January 31st. After January 31st you can still purchase your tag but there is a penalty.
3. Every dog in the state of Ohio is required by law to have a current license which must be renewed every year.
4. The funds received from dog licenses that are sold in Wayne County go towards the operation of the Wayne County Dog Shelter. Your funds are helping care for dogs that are lost or abanadoned!
5. A license can be purchased at the Wayne County Dog Shelter on Burbank Road and the Wayne County Auditor's Office on Liberty Street all year long. Numerous satellite locations throughout the county sell dog licenses from December 1st-January 31st. Those locations are listed below.
SATELLITE LOCATIONS Tags are on sale at these locations Dec.1-Jan 31
All Creatures Veterinary Clinic 12545 Sheets Rd in Rittman, OH 44270
Centerra Country Store 40 Equity St in West Salem, OH 44287
Discount Drug Mart 625 Beall Ave in Wooster, OH 44691
H&R Materials 64 Sterling Ave in Rittman, OH 44270
Just A Mere Farm - Dr. Smith 3994 Shreve Eastern Rd in Shreve, OH 44676
Maysville Elevator 10583 Harrison Rd in Apple Creek, OH 44606
Orrville Public Library 230 N. Main St in Orrville, OH 44667
Smithville Village Hall 207 W. Main St in Smithville, OH 44677
Ohio State Law requires any dog over the age of three (3) months to have a license within 30 days of ownership. Any license purchased after 30 days of ownership, or renewed after the annual renewal period between December 1 through January 31 must include a penalty equal to the cost of the license.
$7.00 for a Puppy turning 3 months old After July 1st
$14.00 Per Adult Dog
$70.00 for a Kennel License
A duplicate license for a current lost license is only $5.00.
To transfer a current license to a new owner is only $5.00.
Ohio Law Requires a Late Fee Equal To The Cost Of The License. There is no provision in the law to waive the fee. If you renew your dog's license after the January 31 due date the cost will be as follows:
$28.00 Per Adult Dog
$140.00 for a Kennel License
Current Licenses From Outside Wayne County
If you move to Wayne County from another county within Ohio we will honor the license until it is expired. However, if you move here from another state you are required to purchase a license immediately upon arrival. If you wait more than 30 days, we are required to charge a penalty equal to the license fee.
Having a license tag attached to your dog's collar may help your dog find its way home in the event he becomes lost.
Did you know that you have access to the Auditor's online search to locate the owner of a lost dog by the tag number? Just type in the tag number and year at https://k9license.com/dl/wayne/lostdog.htm.
Also, the Dog Shelter may be contacted Tuesday-Friday from 12pm-5pm and Saturday from 9am-2pm to help find the owner of a lost dog. The license number is all the Dog Warden needs to identify a dog's owner. However, please remember if the license tag is not attached to your dog's collar it will not help in the event your dog is lost. The law requires each dog to be wearing his tag. A dog can be Seized and Impounded by the Dog Warden if it is over three months old and found not wearing its' license tag, per Ohio Revised Code 955.12.
Thank you for helping to protect your dog by purchasing a Wayne County Dog License. For more information or any questions regarding dog licenses please contact the Wayne County Dog Shelter at 330-345-1018.